Sunday, July 5, 2009
Wooo Hooo!
As you know, Kile is a huge Dave Ramsey fan and being the fan he is, he has tried to get me to be just as big a fan as he is. He bought me the book and it was one of the only books that I could not make it all the way through. Instead of forcing me to read the book, kile taught me the basics of his teachings and from there i ran from it. Today is a milestone for me, i shredded and closed my last credit card after not using it in 3 months. This is a HUGE deal for me because i lived on credit cards. Today I'm debt free, have my $1,000 emergency fund (and it's still growing!), no credit cards and a strict savings plan. I never thought it would happen but it did! I'm proud of myself for getting it all straightened out and really working on our savings since we have such a big feat for this year. We have talked our our financial plans for the future and I look forward to achieving them. Our biggest two goals are to pay off our house in less than 10 years (6 is the goal) and to be able to live on one salary (the second will be nothing but savings). I'm excited to see if we can stick to our goals and achieve them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on having a credit card free wallet...and Happy Birthday!!!
Impressive--way to go!
Post a Comment