Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The dreaded waiting game...

Sorry it took so long for an update...i was too tired to do it the night of and i'm home from work sick today so i have time to finish it....


It's been a really long day...The job that I applied for was to work in a Pre-k class as an aide. It would be really awesome to get out of my current position. I'm trying to find something with benefits as I really need health insurance. The last interview I was on I left in tears because I knew I did a bad job with the computer stuff of all things and knew I was not going to get it. I applied to this job knowing that it makes considerably less than what I make now and it's not my dream job..but all of the benefits out weighs everything else like just working 7:20 (the earliest) to 4 pm at the latest. (Now I can work anywhere from 7:15 am to 8:30 pm on bad days. Definitely not working weekends is a great thing...and getting holidays and paid vacation.... I want to get a better job to match what life to be like especially after the wedding. Don't get me wrong...pre k would be amazing! I love children and getting to work with my favorite age would just make my day...i love seeing them learn and discover the world. Just getting out of my current job would be a blessing. We are having so many problems...and so many new people that I"m basically the only one other than my manager that has had any experience...and she is giving me all sorts of responsibility without giving me the title or the benefits. I was guaranteed the full time position when it came available...then upper management decided to hire while my boss was on vacation....so i didn't get it...not even an interview...and for me that was the last straw. so now i'm back to looking... My mom spoke to the teacher who interviewed me and said that i went really well but they still have more applicants to interview....so now i wait.... : (

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Danny and I know EXACTLY what you're going through! It's tough, especially in this economy to find a good job! I think it's wonderful that you want to work with Pre-K. That's Tommy's age, and I know he likes his aide in one of his classes better than the teacher! You'll do a great job! We'll keep you in our prayers! Good luck!